Network Management and Security features
The Cisco CBS350-24XS Business 350 Series 24 Ports Managed Switch is designed to provide advanced network management and security features for small to medium-sized businesses. Some of the key features include:
- Network Management: The switch provides a web-based interface and a command-line interface (CLI) for easy configuration and management of the network. The switch also supports SNMP for monitoring and management of the network using network management software.
- VLAN Support: The switch supports VLANs to segment the network and improve security. It also supports VLAN tagging (IEEE 802.1Q) to allow multiple VLANs to be carried over a single physical link.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports QoS to prioritize different types of traffic, such as voice and video, to ensure that critical applications have sufficient bandwidth.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): The switch supports LACP to bundle multiple physical links together to form a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy.
- Advanced Security: The switch supports advanced security features such as access control lists (ACLs) to control network access, and port security to limit the number of MAC addresses that can be learned on a port.
- Advanced features: The switch supports advanced features such as DHCP snooping and IP Source Guard to prevent DHCP and ARP spoofing, and Loop Guard to prevent loops in the network.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting: The switch provides extensive monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities, including event logging and error reporting, to help identify and resolve network issues quickly.
- Firmware updates and maintenance: The switch supports firmware updates through the web interface and can also be scheduled for maintenance.
Firmware updates and troubleshooting
Firmware updates for the Cisco CBS350-24XS Business 350 Series switch are important to ensure that the device is running the latest version of software, which can fix bugs and improve performance.
To update the firmware, you can use either the web interface or the CLI. To use the web interface, navigate to the Maintenance menu and select Firmware Upgrade. You will be prompted to upload the firmware file from your computer. Once the file is uploaded, the switch will automatically reboot and install the new firmware.
To use the CLI, connect to the switch using a console cable and a terminal emulation program. Use the command "copy" to upload the firmware file to the switch, and then use the command "upgrade" to install the new firmware.
When troubleshooting the switch, it's important to first check the device's logs for any error messages or warning. The switch's web interface and CLI provides different level of logs that can be used to troubleshoot the device.
Additionally, you can use the monitoring and troubleshooting features in the web interface, such as the System Health and Port Statistics pages, to gather information about the device's status and performance. The CLI also provides various commands to check on the device's status and performance.
It's also important to consult the device's manual and also check the Cisco website for any known bugs and solutions. If the issue persists, it's best to open a support ticket with Cisco to get further assistance.
Monitoring and Troubleshooting
Monitoring and troubleshooting the Cisco CBS350-24XS switch involves using various tools and techniques to ensure that the switch is operating correctly and to quickly identify and resolve any issues that may arise.
One key tool for monitoring the switch is the web interface or CLI. The web interface provides an easy-to-use interface for monitoring the switch's status, viewing statistics, and configuring alarms. The CLI provides a more advanced level of monitoring and troubleshooting options.
The switch also includes a variety of monitoring and troubleshooting features such as:
- Port mirroring: which allows network traffic to be mirrored to another port for analysis.
- SNMP: Simple Network Management Protocol, it allows the switch to send traps to a network management system, allowing administrators to monitor the switch's status and performance.
- Logging: The switch can be configured to log various events, such as port status changes, to a syslog server.
- Syslog: A protocol that allows the switch to send log messages to a syslog server for centralized logging and analysis.
In addition, the switch can be configured to send SNMP traps to an SNMP management system, allowing administrators to monitor the switch's status and performance. The switch also supports RMON (Remote Monitoring) which allows network administrators to monitor network traffic, performance and statistics.
If an issue is detected, the first step in troubleshooting should be to check the switch's logs and statistics to identify the problem. The switch's web interface or CLI can be used to view the logs and statistics.
If the issue cannot be resolved using the logs and statistics, more advanced troubleshooting techniques such as packet capturing and protocol analysis may be required. These techniques involve capturing network packets and analyzing them to identify the source of the problem.
It's recommended to have a backup configuration and also keep the device firmware updated to avoid any known bugs and security vulnerabilities. Regular monitoring of the device and having a troubleshooting plan in place can prevent and minimize any down time.
General Information about this Cisco CBS350-24XS
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# CBS350-24XS
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for 24 Ports Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 4
- Modular: Yes
- Stack Port: Yes
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 20 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet TP/SFP+ Combo
Performance of Ethernet Switch
- Media Type Supported: Optical Fiber
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10GBase-T
- Network Technology: 10GBase-X
I/O Expansions for Managed Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 24
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP+
- Shared SFP Slot: Yes
- Number of SFP+ Slots: 4
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 3
- Power Description:
- Power Source: Power Supply
- Power Consumption: 39 W
Management & Protocols
- Manageable: Yes
- Routing Protocol : IGMPv2, IGMP, IGMPv3, static IPv4 routing, static IPv6 routing, policy-based routing (PBR), MLDv2, MLD, CIDR, MSTP, RSTP, STP
- Remote Management Protocol : SNMP 1, RMON, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, HTTP, HTTPS, TFTP, SSH, SSH-2, CLI, SCP, ICMP, DHCP, RSTP, TACACS+, RADIUS
- Flow control, BOOTP support, ARP support, VLAN support, Syslog support, DoS attack prevention, DiffServ support, Broadcast Storm Control,
- IPv6 support, Multicast Storm Control, firmware upgradable, SNTP support, DHCP snooping, Quality of Service (QoS), DHCP server,
- Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI), Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVST+), reset button, STP Root Guard, Uni-Directional Link Detection (UDLD),
- LACP support, LLDP support, DHCP relay, Management Information Base (MIB), Multicast VLAN Registration (MVR),
- Generic VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP), 802.1x authentication, Type of Service (ToS), DiffServ Code Point (DSCP) support, cable test,
- IP source guard, SmartPort technology, dual image support, DNS client, Secure Core Technology (SCT), Private VLAN Edge (PVE),
- LLDP-MED, IP/Mac/Port Binding (IPMB), Secure Sensitive Data (SSD), ISATAP tunnel support, RA guard, User Datagram Protocol (UDP),
- Weighted Round Robin (WRR), Head-of-line (HOL) Blocking Prevention, loopback detection, Unknown Storm Control,
- BPDU Guard, Link Aggregation Group (LAG), Voice Services Discovery Protocol (VSDP), Rapid PVST+ (RPVST+), Duplicate Address Detection (DAD)
- IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP),
- IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.3ae, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1ab (LLDP), IEEE 802.3an, IEEE 802.3az
- Processor : X ARM: 800 MHz
- RAM : 512 MB
- Flash Memory : 256 MB
- Status Indicators : Status, Link/activity/speed
Expansion / Connectivity :
- Interfaces :
- 24 X 10gbase-x Sfp+
- 4 X 10gbase-t Rj-45 Uplink
- 1 X Usb Type A
- 1 X Management (gigabit Lan) Rj-45
- 1 X Console Rj-45
Dimension and Weight
- Width : 17.3 inch
- Depth : 13.8 inch
- Height : 1.7 inch
- Weight : 9.7 lbs
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.