The GLC-BX-U Cisco 1Gbps 1000Base-BX-U Single-mode SFP Transceiver Module is a small form-factor pluggable (SFP) transceiver that can be used to provide a Gigabit Ethernet connection over a single-mode optical fiber. It supports data rates of up to 1 Gbps and a maximum distance of 10km. The "U" in the model number indicates that the module is designed for use with single-mode fiber, while the "BX" indicates that the module uses a wavelength of 1310nm for transmission and 1490nm for reception. This transceiver is compatible with Cisco devices that support the SFP interface.
The GLC-BX-U Cisco 1Gbps 1000Base-BX-U Single-mode SFP Transceiver Module is designed to provide high-performance Gigabit Ethernet connectivity over a single-mode optical fiber.
- Data rate: supports data rates of up to 1 Gbps.
- Distance: It can support a maximum distance of 10km over a single-mode optical fiber.
- Wavelength: The module uses a wavelength of 1310nm for transmission and 1490nm for reception.
- Connectivity: it is compatible with Cisco devices that support the SFP interface.
The module is designed to operate in a wide range of temperatures and humidity levels, and it complies with industry standards for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and safety. Its compact form factor and high performance make it ideal for use in a variety of applications, including data centers, enterprise networks, and service provider networks.
Resiliency and High Availability
GLC-BX-U is a Cisco 1Gbps Single-mode SFP (small form-factor pluggable) transceiver module. It is designed to provide a high-speed, cost-effective solution for Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-BX-U) applications over single-mode fiber. The module is compliant with the SFP Multi-Source Agreement (MSA) and is designed to be interoperable with other vendors' SFPs.
The model supports a single LC connector and operates over a single-mode fiber with a wavelength of 1310nm. It provides a maximum distance of up to 10km, and it is designed for use in high-speed data communications, storage area networks, and other telecommunication applications.
This item is designed to be highly available and resilient. It uses a digital diagnostic monitoring interface that allows real-time access to device operating parameters, such as temperature, voltage, and laser bias current, to ensure optimal performance and reliability. The module also uses a low-power consumption design, which helps to extend the life of the module and reduce the overall power consumption of the device it is installed in.
General Information about this Cisco GLC-BX-U
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# GLC-BX-U
- Product Name: 1000BASE-BX10 Upstream SFP Module
- Product Type: Transceiver Module
Technical Information of 1000BASE-BX10 SFP Module
- Interface Type: SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Application/Usage Data Networking
- Type: SFP (mini-GBIC) transceiver module
- Form Factor: Plug-in module
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
Interfaces/Ports of 1GBPS Transceiver Module
- Interfaces/Ports 1 x 1000Base-BX
- Interfaces/Ports Details 1 x LC 1000Base-BX
- Ports Qty: 1
- Max Transfer Distance: 6.2 miles
Performance of Single-Mode Transceiver
- Connectivity Media G.652 µm Single-mode Optical Fiber
- Data Transfer Rate 1 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet
- Media Type Supported: Optical Fiber
- Fiber Mode Supported: Single-mode
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 1000Base-BX10
Management and Protocols
- Digital optical monitoring (DOM) functions
Dimension and Weight
- Height: 0.3 Inch
- Width: 0.5 Inch
- Depth: 2.2 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 1 LBS
- ASA5500 Series Appliances
- ASR 901 and 903 Series Routers
- ASR 1000, 9000, and 9000v Series Routers
- Catalyst Express 500 and Express 520
- Catalyst 2350 and 2360 Series
- Catalyst 2900, 2940, 2950, 2960, 2960-Plus, 2960-C, 2960-S, 2960-SF, 2960-X Series
- Catalyst 2970 and 2975 Series
- Catalyst 3000 and 3100 Blade Switches
- Catalyst 3500XL Series
- Catalyst 3550, 3560, 3560-C, 3560-E, 3560-X Series
- Catalyst 3750-E Series, 3750 Metro, 3750-X Series
- Catalyst 3850 Series
- Catalyst 4500 and 4500-X Series
- Catalyst 4900 Series
- Catalyst 6000 Series
- Catalyst 6800 Series
- Cisco 1941 Series Router
- Cisco 2600, 2800, 2900 Series Router
- Cisco 3200, 3600, 3700 Series Router
- Cisco 4400 Series Router
- Cisco 5700 Series Wireless LAN Controller
- Cisco 6400 Universal Access Router
- Cisco uBR7200 Series
- Cisco 7200, 7300, 7500, and 7600 Series Routers
- Cisco 10000 and uBR 10000 Series Routers
- Cisco 10700 Series Internet Router
- Cisco 12000 Series Router
- Cisco 2000 Connected Grid Router Series
- Cisco 2500 Connected Grid Switch Series
- Cisco IE2000 and IE2000U Series
- Cisco IE3010 Series
- Cisco MDS 9000
- Cisco ME 2400
- Cisco ME 2600X
- Cisco ME 3400
- Cisco ME 3600X and ME 3800X
- Cisco ME 4600 and ME 4900 Series
- Cisco ME 6500 Series
- Cisco MWR 2941 Mobile Wireless Router
- CRS Router Series
- CSS 11500 Series
- Cisco RF Gateway Series
- NAM 2200 Series Appliances
- Nexus 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 7000, 9000, 9300, 9500 (modular) Series
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product GLC-BX-U at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.