High-Speed Data Center Networks
The QSFP-H40G-AOC10M is a 10-meter QSFP+ (Quad Small Form-factor Pluggable Plus) active optical cable manufactured by Cisco. It is designed for use in high-speed data center networks and is capable of transmitting data at speeds of up to 40 Gbps (gigabits per second).
The cable consists of four channels, each capable of transmitting data at 10 Gbps, which are aggregated to achieve a total bandwidth of 40 Gbps. The QSFP+ interface on each end of the cable is compatible with QSFP+ ports on networking equipment, such as switches, routers, and servers.
The QSFP-H40G-AOC10M uses optical fibers to transmit data, which allows for longer distances and higher speeds than copper cables. Optical fibers are also immune to electromagnetic interference, which can cause signal degradation in copper cables.
The "active" component of the cable refers to the fact that it contains active components, such as transmitters and receivers, which boost the signal strength and allow for longer transmission distances. This is in contrast to "passive" optical cables, which do not contain any active components and have a shorter maximum transmission distance.
The QSFP-H40G-AOC10M is a popular choice for high-speed data center networks due to its high bandwidth, compatibility with QSFP+ ports, and long transmission distance. Additionally, the use of optical fibers and active components ensures reliable signal transmission with minimal signal degradation.
Maintenance and Care of QSFP+ Active Optical Cable
The QSFP-H40G-AOC10M is a 10-meter Cisco QSFP+ Active Optical Cable (AOC) used in high-speed data center and networking environments. This cable supports 40 Gigabit Ethernet (40GbE) data transfer rates and is compatible with QSFP+ ports.
Proper maintenance and care of the QSFP-H40G-AOC10M cable can help extend its lifespan and ensure optimal performance. Here are some tips for maintaining and caring for this cable:
- Proper handling: When handling the QSFP-H40G-AOC10M cable, always grasp it by the connector housing or cable itself rather than pulling on the cable itself. This can help prevent damage to the connector or cable.
- Avoid bending or twisting the cable: Bending or twisting the cable beyond its minimum bend radius can damage the internal fibers and lead to signal loss or data errors. Always follow the manufacturer's recommended bend radius.
- Keep the cable clean: Dust and debris can accumulate on the connector ends and impair signal quality. Use a clean, dry cloth or compressed air to remove any dirt or debris from the connector ends.
- Store the cable properly: When not in use, store the cable in a clean, dry environment. Avoid placing heavy objects on top of the cable, which can damage the internal fibers.
- Inspect the cable regularly: Check the cable and connectors regularly for signs of damage, such as bent or broken fibers, cracked or loose connector housings, or frayed cables. If you notice any damage, replace the cable immediately.
- Avoid exposing the cable to extreme temperatures or moisture: The QSFP-H40G-AOC10M cable should be used within the recommended temperature range and should not be exposed to moisture or humidity.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
The Cisco QSFP-H40G-AOC10M is a 10-meter long QSFP+ active optical network cable designed for high-speed data transmission in data centers and other networking environments. Here are some common issues you might encounter when using this cable and how to troubleshoot them:
- Cable not detected: If your cable is not detected by your networking device, check to make sure that it is properly connected and securely seated in the QSFP+ port. If it still doesn't work, try using a different cable or a different port on your device.
- Low signal quality: If you are experiencing low signal quality or data transfer errors, it could be due to cable damage or interference. Inspect the cable for any visible signs of damage or kinks, and try to reroute the cable away from any potential sources of interference such as power cables, fluorescent lights, or other networking equipment.
- Limited transmission distance: The maximum transmission distance of a QSFP-H40G-AOC10M cable is 10 meters, so if you need to transmit data over a longer distance, you may need to use a different type of cable or a fiber optic transceiver.
- Compatibility issues: Make sure that the QSFP-H40G-AOC10M cable is compatible with your networking device and that both devices support the same data rate and protocols. If you are unsure, consult the product documentation or contact the manufacturer for assistance.
- Firmware or driver issues: If you are experiencing issues with your networking device or operating system, it could be due to outdated firmware or drivers. Check to see if there are any updates available and install them as needed.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: QSFP-H40G-AOC10M
- Brand Name: Cisco
- Product Name: 40GBase-AOC QSFP direct-attach Active Optical Cable, 10-meter
- Product Type: Network Cable
- Cable Type: Fiber Optic
- Cable Length: 32.81 ft
- Connector on First End: QSFP Network
- Features: Active
- Device Supported: Router
- Device Supported: Server
- Device Supported: Switch
- Device Supported: Hub
- Device Supported: Network Device
- Certifications & Standards:
- UL (E116441)
- Green Complian:t Yes
- Green Compliance Certificate/Authority: RoHS-6
About New Bulk Pack Products
Cables - Network Cables
Network cables are what make it possible to share It resources in a network. Whether home, office, or in a data center, networking using cables still remains popular over wireless protocols such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections. We use different network cables to enable resource sharing, such as memory devices, printers, scanners, and other resources. Networking is the only way to converge resources and make file sharing and team collaboration easy. If you are looking for network cables to achieve that, then you are in the right place.
Types of Network Cables
Network cables, also known as Ethernet cables, are of three different types: coaxial, fiber optic, and twisted-pair copper cables. The last two types are the commonly used cable types. We will, therefore, dig deeper into them shortly. Coaxial cables are not widely used in networking but still remain very popular in telecommunication.
Fiber Optic Cables
Structurally, optical cables comprise the core, cladding, buffer, and jacket on the outer part. Of great interest is the core material, which can be glass or plastic. Signals travel in this medium at the speed of light over long and short distances. Due to this high data rate, optical cables are becoming more famous in networking than other network cables.
The other layers of this cable work together to maintain its efficiency. Through cladding, the light is totally internally reflected in the core. The buffer prevents any possible leakage of light. The jacket, being the outer layer, offers protection to the cable against mechanical damage.
Twisted Pair Copper Cable
Almost all modern computers at home or office networks use twisted-pair cables. The cable consists of 8 individually coated and twisted in pairs copper wires bundled together in one. The twisted-pair cables can either be shielded or unshielded. Because of shielding in the shielded and twisted pair cables, they experience less noise and have low EMI resistance.
Network Cable Connectors
The connectors of any Ethernet cable depend on the intended application. Your home computer networking might only need the standard 8 terminal clips to connect to a network. That is not usually the case when considering large enterprises and data centers where different IT equipment is interconnected. There may be a need for network adapters and other complex cables such as 8 LEAD and JG263A HPE network cables.
Network Cables Length
In any networking task, use the right cable length. That will not only make your system look organized but also deliver better performance. Get rid of any unnecessarily long cables. If the work can be done with 15-meter-long cables, got for it and not a 20-meter-long cable. If the source and target are too close or placed side by side, you are better off if you use 1.5-meter-long cables. The resulting network will look neat without cables tangling everywhere.
Sourcing Ethernet Cables from Reputable Supplier
Shopping for Ethernet cables is not a straightforward process. Not all cables are manufactured with the same quality, and that affects the bandwidth. Make the right decision to buy CR4 cable or optical cable for your networking business from ALLHDD. We source only quality cables from reputable vendors, and all of them come with warranties.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product QSFP-H40G-AOC10M at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.