Advanced Routing Protocols
The CISCO2951/K9 Cisco 2951 Integrated Services Router supports a variety of advanced routing protocols that can be used to improve the performance and scalability of the network. Some of the most commonly used advanced routing protocols for Cisco routers include:
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP): BGP is a routing protocol used for exchanging routing information between routers in different autonomous systems (AS) on the Internet. It is the most widely used routing protocol for inter-domain routing, and is particularly well-suited for service provider networks.
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF): OSPF is a link-state routing protocol that is widely used in enterprise networks. It is a classless routing protocol, which means that it supports variable-length subnet masks (VLSMs) and can be used to summarize routes at different levels in the network.
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP): EIGRP is a Cisco-proprietary routing protocol that is similar to OSPF in its operation. EIGRP supports both IP and IPX protocols and is widely used in enterprise networks.
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP) : RIP is a distance-vector routing protocol that is used to distribute routing information within a small to medium-sized network.
- Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS): MPLS is a mechanism that allows routers to forward packets based on a label, rather than the traditional IP destination address. MPLS is often used to provide virtual private network (VPN) services, as well as to improve the performance and scalability of service provider networks.
Management of Network Bandwidth
The CISCO2951/K9 Cisco 2951 Integrated Services Router can be used to manage the bandwidth of a network in several ways:
- Quality of Service (QoS): QoS is a set of technologies and techniques that can be used to prioritize different types of network traffic. By prioritizing certain types of traffic, such as voice or video, over less time-sensitive traffic, like file transfers or web browsing, QoS can help to ensure that important traffic gets through the network even when the network is congested.
- Traffic shaping: Traffic shaping is a technique that can be used to control the rate at which traffic is sent into a network. By controlling the rate at which traffic is sent into the network, administrators can prevent network congestion and ensure that the network is used efficiently.
- Link fragmentation and interleaving (LFI): LFI is a technique that can be used to increase the effective bandwidth of a link by fragmenting large packets into smaller ones and interleaving them with other traffic. This allows more packets to be sent over the link in a given amount of time, increasing the effective bandwidth of the link.
- Class-based weight fair queuing (CBWFQ): CBWFQ is a technique that can be used to manage bandwidth allocation by assigning different priority levels to different types of traffic. This allows administrators to ensure that important traffic, such as voice and video, gets priority over less important traffic, such as file transfers or web browsing.
- Access-lists: Access-lists can be used to limit the amount of bandwidth used by a specific host or group of hosts on a network. This can be useful for controlling the usage of bandwidth-intensive applications, such as video streaming or file transfers.
Features and Benefits
The CISCO2951/K9 Cisco 2951 Integrated Services Router is a high-performance router that offers a range of features and benefits to organizations of all sizes. Some of the key features and benefits of this router include:
- High-performance routing: The CISCO2951/K9 supports a wide range of routing protocols, including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, and RIP, and can handle large amounts of traffic, making it suitable for use in large enterprise networks and service provider environments.
- Security features: The CISCO2951/K9 includes a range of security features, such as access control lists (ACLs), stateful firewall, and VPN support, that can help to protect the network against unauthorized access and attacks.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The CISCO2951/K9 supports advanced QoS features, such as traffic shaping and class-based weight fair queuing (CBWFQ), which can help to prioritize different types of network traffic and ensure that important traffic gets through the network even when the network is congested.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): The CISCO2951/K9 supports PoE, which allows power to be supplied to devices, such as IP phones or wireless access points, through the Ethernet cable. This eliminates the need for separate power supplies, making it easier to deploy and manage devices on the network.
- Modularity: The CISCO2951/K9 has a modular design, which allows for easy upgrades and expansion. This allows organizations to add new features and capabilities to the router as their needs change over time.
- Advanced Services: The CISCO2951/K9 comes with a comprehensive set of features and services such as advanced routing, security and QoS. it also provides advanced services such as application visibility, control and optimization, and advanced threat protection.
Key Information about this Cisco CISCO2951/K9
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# CISCO2951/K9
- Product Series: 2900
- Product Model: 2951
- Product Type: Integrated Services Router
Interfaces/Ports of Router
- Total Number of Ports: 3
- USB: Yes
- Management Port: Yes
- Number of Broadband (RJ-45) Ports: 3
I/O Expansions of 3 Ports Router
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 13
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Expansion Slot Type: HWIC
- Expansion Slot Type: PVDM
Network and Communication for Ethernet Router
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Standard Memory: 512 MB
- Maximum Memory: 2 GB
- Memory Technology: DRAM
- Flash Memory: 256 MB
- Memory Card Supported: CompactFlash (CF) Card
- Power Device : Internal power supply
- Voltage Required : AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)
Management and Protocols
- Management Protocol Data Link Protocol : Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Network / Transport Protocol : IPSec, L2TPv3 Routing Protocol : OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, EIGRP, DVMRP, PIM-SM, static IP routing, IGMPv3, GRE, PIM-SSM, static IPv4 routing, static IPv6 routing, policy-based routing (PBR), MPLS, Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD), IPv4-to-IPv6 Multicast
- Remote Management Protocol : SNMP, RMON, TR-069
- Firewall protection, VPN support, MPLS support, Syslog support, IPv6 support,
- Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ), Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED),
- Web Services Management Agent (WSMA), NetFlow
- IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3ah, IEEE 802.1ah, IEEE 802.1ag, ANSI T1.101, ITU-T G.823,
- ITU-T G.824, CISPR 22 Class A, CISPR 24, EN55024, EN55022 Class A, EN50082-1, AS/NZS 60950-1, ICES-003 Class A,
- CS-03, R&TTE, FCC CFR47 Part 15, UL 60950-1, IEC 60950-1, EN 60950-1, BSMI CNS 13438, AS/NZS 3548 Class A,
- VCCI V-3, EN 61000, TIA/EIA/IS-968, EN 300 386, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1
- Min Operating Temperature : 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature : 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating : 5 - 85%
Dimension and Weight
- Height: 3.5 Inch
- Width: 17.2 Inch
- Depth: 18.5 Inch
- Weight: 29.1 Lbs
About New Bulk Pack Products
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cybercriminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product CISCO2951/K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.