Security Features and Protocols
The J7934-61011 HP JetDirect 620n Internal Print Server is a network interface card that allows printers to be shared across a local area network (LAN). It supports both 10BaseT and 100BaseTX LAN connections and comes with several security features and protocols to protect the network and the data being transmitted.
Some of the security features of the JetDirect 620n include:
- Network Authentication: The JetDirect 620n supports various authentication methods such as SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, and IPsec to prevent unauthorized access to the network and printer.
- Access Control: The print server has an Access Control List (ACL) feature that allows administrators to limit access to the printer to specific users or groups.
- Firewall: The JetDirect 620n comes with an integrated firewall that prevents unauthorized access to the printer and protects against network attacks.
- Port Blocking: The print server can block unused or unnecessary ports to reduce the risk of network attacks.
In addition to these security features, the JetDirect 620n also supports several security protocols, including:
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)/Transport Layer Security (TLS): These protocols provide secure communication between the printer and the user's web browser.
- Simple Network Management Protocol version 3 (SNMPv3): This protocol provides secure management of the print server by encrypting data and authenticating users.
- Internet Protocol Security (IPsec): This protocol provides secure communication over IP networks by encrypting data and authenticating users.
Performance and Scalability
J7934-61011 HP JetDirect 620n is an internal print server designed to enable network printing for HP printers. The server has two Ethernet interfaces, a 10BaseT interface, and a 100BaseTX interface. These interfaces allow for the server to connect to either a 10 Mbps or a 100 Mbps network, providing flexibility in network infrastructure.
The 10BaseT interface provides a maximum data transfer rate of 10 Mbps, while the 100BaseTX interface provides a maximum data transfer rate of 100 Mbps. This makes the server suitable for both small and large network environments, where high-speed data transfer is required.
The HP JetDirect 620n also features advanced networking protocols such as TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, AppleTalk, and DLC/LLC. These protocols ensure reliable and efficient data transmission over the network.
In terms of scalability, the server is designed to support up to 50 concurrent connections, allowing multiple users to print simultaneously without affecting network performance. This makes the server ideal for busy work environments where multiple users need to print documents frequently.
Maintenance and Troubleshooting
J7934-61011 is the part number of HP JetDirect 620n internal print server, which is designed to provide network connectivity to compatible printers. The print server supports both 10BaseT and 100BaseTX LAN technologies, which are Ethernet networking standards that allow data transmission at different speeds (10 Mbps and 100 Mbps, respectively) over twisted-pair copper cables.
To maintain and troubleshoot the HP JetDirect 620n print server, you can follow these steps:
- Ensure proper installation: Check that the print server is properly installed in the printer and connected to the LAN using the correct cable. You may refer to the printer and print server manuals for guidance.
- Verify network settings: Use the print server's embedded web server or Telnet to verify its network settings, such as IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS server. Make sure they are correct and compatible with your LAN's configuration.
- Test connectivity: Ping the print server's IP address from a computer or network device to test its connectivity. If the ping fails, check the LAN cable, switch/hub port, and network settings again.
- Upgrade firmware: Check the HP website for any firmware updates for the print server and follow the instructions to upgrade it. Firmware updates can fix bugs, improve performance, and add features.
- Monitor print job status: Use the print server's embedded web server or a printer management software to monitor the print job status, such as job queue, job completion, and error messages. Troubleshoot any print job issues accordingly.
- Troubleshoot errors: If the print server encounters errors or malfunctions, consult the print server manual or HP support website for troubleshooting steps. Some common errors include communication errors, configuration errors, and hardware failures.
Main Specification about the HP J7934-61011
- Manufacturer: HP
- Part Number or SKU # J7934-61011
- Device Type: Print Server Internal
- Data Transfer Rate : 100 MBPS
- Form Factor : Plug-In Module (External)
- Interface : Ethernet
- Connectivity : Cable
- Cabling Type : Ethernet 10 Base-T • Ethernet 100 Base-Tx
- Platform : Sun • PC • Mac
- Data Link Protocol : Ethernet • Fast Ethernet
- Remote Management Protocol : Http • Telnet • Snmp 1 • Snmp 3 • Ipp • Ncp • Snmp 2c • Nds
About Refurbished Products
Network connections and data administration can be nerve-wracking without reliable networking devices. IT administrators and professionals process thousands of data daily. There are half-dozen computers working simultaneously to send and receive documents.
Plenty of project collaboration combined with quick and easy communication without lags is almost unattainable without proper networking devices. Users may also have a great network set up with all of the kinks finally working out. All of a sudden, they realize the need to print a document.
Setting up printers and getting them accessible in a network structure can prove frustrating. Users who work with remote servers and virtual machines will also find such a situation very difficult. Here's where a network print server comes to play.
Reliable networking print servers such as those offered here are the best options to help get those devices working faster. With wired and wireless options available, users can plug in the network print server to a printer's network connection port. This grants authorized users within the connection easy access to the data.
Most printers are not compatible with every type of network or other print devices available on the market. However, print servers are designed to override the incompatibility. Once users get a high-quality network print server, any print device can be used as long as the right adapter is employed.
The available options are great for large organizations and enterprises that work with multiple printers. The network print server works to host a wide range of machines, routing all print jobs to the same printer. Their build allows them to carry out multiple functions.
That is, users can have more than one machine for unit-task needs. When they are routed to a single client, users can easily select a less busy device in a wide network. So, when a printer gets jammed or faulty, it will be easy to move on to another one in the same network.
The networking print servers can be external or internal, hooking devices into a network. The network connection occurs in a way that makes the devices most useful to an extensive range of users. Affordable, easy to install, and reliable, these products will increase flexibility and productivity in every workspace.
Cost-Effectiveness Due to Fewer Devices
Purchasing a network print server will help users regulate the flow of print jobs. That way, the office can work with fewer devices. That way, the working environment will be simplified, and the organization does not need to get many supplies for different printing machines.
Convenient Central Management
Users will get networking print servers that come with reliable software. The software helps users to manage the print environment effectively. IT administrators can easily keep an eye on all print jobs since they are sent to the server first. That way, users can set preferred printer settings and better environmental control.
Better Security and Handling of Print JobsPrinting involves large amounts of sensitive data. These print servers offer more secure operations and help users separate printers from other devices on the network. Also, a networking print server prevents network jams by queueing print jobs on the server.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.