Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF)
Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) is a technology developed by Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) that enables the creation of a highly available, scalable, and resilient network infrastructure. IRF allows multiple network switches to be logically combined and managed as a single virtual device, providing increased network availability and reliability.
With IRF, network administrators can simplify network management, reduce network downtime, and improve network scalability by creating a single management domain that spans multiple physical switches. This can improve network reliability and resiliency by providing automatic failover and load balancing in case of a switch failure.
IRF also enables the creation of a flexible and scalable network fabric by allowing multiple switches to be interconnected and managed as a single virtual device. This can help organizations meet the increasing demands of bandwidth-intensive applications and improve network efficiency.
Managed and Rack-Mountable Design
The term "Managed" in the context of network switches refers to the ability to configure, monitor, and manage the switch through software. A managed switch provides an interface for administrators to control various aspects of the switch's behavior, including port configuration, security settings, and network monitoring.
The term "Rack-Mountable" design refers to the physical form factor of the switch, which is designed to be mounted in a standard 19-inch equipment rack. This design allows for easy integration into data center and server room environments, providing a convenient and space-efficient way to manage and deploy network switches.
In the case of the HPE JL689A 24 Ports FlexFabric 5710 24xgt 6QSFP+ Or 2 QSFP28 Managed Rack-Mountable Switch, the managed and rack-mountable design allows for easy integration into data center and server room environments, providing a convenient and space-efficient way to manage and deploy the switch. The managed features of the switch allow for advanced network configuration, monitoring, and management, enabling organizations to efficiently and effectively manage their network infrastructure.
FlexFabric 5710 Technology
FlexFabric 5710 is a technology from Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) that provides a flexible and efficient network fabric solution for data center and cloud environments. It enables organizations to converge multiple network functions into a single network infrastructure, reducing the number of network devices, cabling, and management overhead.
The FlexFabric 5710 technology provides a high-speed, low-latency, and scalable network fabric with support for 10Gb and 40Gb Ethernet, and also provides compatibility with 100Gb Ethernet through the use of QSFP28 transceivers. Additionally, it supports advanced network features such as virtualization, security, and quality of service (QoS).
With FlexFabric 5710 technology, organizations can benefit from increased network efficiency, reduced costs, and improved network agility, which can help them stay ahead in a fast-paced and ever-changing business environment.
General Information about the HPE JL689A
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# JL689A
- Device Type: Switch 24 Ports L3 Managed
Key Features of HPE 24 Ports Switch
- Enclosure Type: Rack-Mountable 1U
- Sub type: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Ports: 24 X 1 Gigabit / 10 Gigabit Ethernet + 6 X 40 Gigabit QSFP+
- Features: Support for Flow Control, Dhcp, Bootp, Arp, VLAN, Igmp Snooping, Syslog, Port Mirroring, and Diffserv Weighted Fair Queuing (wfq), Weighted Random Early Detection (wred), Sflow, Pim Snooping, Weighted Round Robin (wrr) Queuing, Ipv6 Support, Sntp Support, Support for Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (mstp), Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (rstp), Spanning Tree Protocol (stp), Data Center Bridging Exchange (dcbx) Support, Tunneling Access Control List (acl) Support, Dhcp Snooping, Priority-based Flow Control, Level Of Service (qos), Support for Device Link Detection Protocol (dldp), Mld Snooping, and Jumbo Frames Equal-cost Multipath (ecmp), Ipv4 Support, Lldp Support, Dhcp Relay, Port Security, Management Information Base (mib), Ntp Time Synchronization, 12mb Packet Buffer, Fcoe Forwarding, Class Of Service (cos), and Strict Priority
- Compliant Standards: Ieee 802.3, Ieee 802.1d, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3x, Ieee 802.3ad (lacp), Ieee 802.1w, Ieee 802.1x, Ieee 802.3ae, Ieee 802.1s, Ieee 802.1ad, Ieee 802.3ah, Ieee 802.1ag, Ieee 802.1ab (lldp), Ieee 802.1ax, Ieee 802.1qbb, Ieee 802.1qaz, Ieee 802.1qau, Ieee 802.3ag
- Switching Capacity: 960 GBPS
- Throughput: 714 MPPS Routing
- Latency (10 GBPS): 2.5 Μs
- Capacity : Ipv4 Routing Table Entries: 16000 Ipv6 Routing Table Entries: 8000 Virtual Interfaces (VLANS): 4094 Arp Entries: 68000 Static Arp Entries: 1000
- Mac Address Table Size : 208000 Entries
- Jumbo Frame Support: Yes
- Ram: 4 GB SDRAM
- Flash Memory: 1 GB
- Routing Protocol: Ospf, Rip, Bgp-4, Is-is, Rip-2, Bgp, Igmpv2, Igmp, Vrrp, Ospfv2, Igmpv3, Ospfv3, Static Ipv4 Routing, Static Ipv6 Routing, Ecmp, Ripng, Mpls, Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)
- Remote Management Protocol: Snmp 1, Telnet, Snmp 3, Snmp 2c, Tftp, Ssh, Ssh-2, Cli, Tacacs+
- Authentication Method : Secure Shell (ssh), Radius, Tacacs, Tacacs+, Secure Shell V.2 (ssh2)
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces: 24 X Gigabit / 10gbit Lan Rj-45 1 X 10/100/1000 Base-t Management
- 1 X Management SFP
- 1 X Console (Mini-USB)
- 1 X Serial (console)
- Power Device: Internal
- Power Supply (not Installed): Hot-plug
- Power Redundancy: Optional
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.