The NIM-2FXSP (Network Interface Module) is a hardware module that provides two Fast Ethernet ports for Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISRs). The module is designed to be used with the Cisco 4000 series ISRs, which include models such as the 4331, 4351, and 4461.
The part provides two Fast Ethernet ports that can be used to connect to an external network, such as a LAN or WAN. The ports support auto-negotiation and can operate at speeds of 10/100 Mbps. The module is also equipped with an internal clock and timing, so the router can time-stamp packets and use the time to synchronize with other devices in the network.
The part is a flexible and versatile module that can be used to provide additional connectivity options to the router. It can be used to connect to different types of networks such as:
- Ethernet-based networks
- Legacy networks using serial connections
- Wireless networks using different types of interfaces
The part is hot-swappable, which means that it can be added or removed from the router without interrupting the operation of the router. It also support power over Ethernet (PoE) option, this allows to power devices such as IP phones or wireless access points using the same Ethernet cable that connects them to the network.
The part is a cost-effective and easy way to add additional Ethernet ports to a Cisco 4000 series ISR, it allows to expand the capability of the router and have more networking options.
The NIM-2FXSP (Network Interface Module) is a Fast Ethernet module and not specifically designed as a Voice Interface Card, it doesn't have any specific performance metric to evaluate on its own. it provides basic Ethernet connectivity and allows to connect the router to an external network.
However, when used in conjunction with a Cisco 4000 series ISR, which is a powerful and scalable router platform, the product can provide high-performance connectivity to an external network. The ISR can handle large amounts of traffic thanks to its advanced routing capabilities, and the part can help to increase the number of Ethernet ports available on the router, allowing for more connections to be made to the external network.
The model supports the PoE option, which can be useful to power IP phones or wireless access points over the same Ethernet cable. This can help to reduce the amount of cabling required and simplifying the network design.
In addition, the model is hot-swappable, which means that it can be added or removed from the router without interrupting the operation of the router. This allows for easy maintenance and upgrades to be made to the network without causing any downtime.
The part is not specifically designed for voice or video traffic, but when paired with a Cisco ISR that has voice capabilities, it can provide a reliable and high-performance network for such type of traffic.
Reliability of Voice Interface Card
The NIM-2FXSP Cisco 2 Ports Network Interface Module is a highly reliable device that is designed to provide a stable network connection when used in conjunction with Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) such as the 4000 series.
The part is built on Cisco's proven hardware platform, which has been rigorously tested to ensure that it can withstand the demands of a mission-critical network environment. The module is also compliant with industry standards such as IEEE 802.3, ensuring compatibility with other networking devices.
Cisco also provides various features to improve the reliability of the network and to minimize downtime, these include:
- Hot-swappable design: The part can be added or removed from the router without interrupting the operation of the router. This feature allows for easy maintenance and can reduce the amount of downtime required for repairs or upgrades.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) support: The model supports PoE, allowing devices such as IP phones or wireless access points to be powered using the same Ethernet cable that connects them to the network. This feature can help to reduce the number of power outlets required and can improve the reliability of the network by eliminating the need for a separate power supply.
In terms of Performance, the model supports Fast Ethernet speeds of 10/100Mbps, and it can handle large amounts of data traffic, but it is not designed specifically for handling voice traffic.
All those features and capabilities, along with the compliance with industry standards, make model a reliable device for organizations that require a stable and robust network connection.
General Information about this Cisco NIM-2FXSP
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# NIM-2FXSP
- Product Type: Voice Interface Card
Interfaces/Ports of Interface Module
- Total Number of Network Ports 2
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 2 x FXS/DID Network
- Form Factor : Plug-in module
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
Management & Protocol for 2 Ports Interface Card
- Network / Transport Protocol : RTCP, RTP
- Remote Management Protocol : SNMP
- AS/ACIF S002, CISPR 22, CISPR 24, CS-03, DR PTC220, EN 300 386 V1.6.1, EN 55022:2010,
- EN61000-3-2:2006, ICES-003 issue 5, KN22, TIA-968-B, VCCI
- Cisco 4451-X, 4451-X Application Experience, 4451-X Integrated Services Router,
- 4451-X Integrated Services Router Security Bundle, 4451-X Integrated Services Router Voice and Video Bundle,
- 4451-X Integrated Services Router Voice Security Bundle ¦ Cisco Integrated Services Router 4221, 4321, 4331, 4351, 4431
About Refurbished Products
For all your expansion module needs, we've got you covered with high-performance devices that increase functional capability and ease business processes.
You can talk to any of our staff and consult on what would be the best way forward when getting an expansion module to complement and enhance existing infrastructure, meet your immediate and future needs.
We have hardware level 12 with firmware 3.0 or higher modules that allow for the installation of up to 14 expansion modules below the base module for resilient performance. Expansion modules connect to the base module using USB Type-A connectors. That's not all, we have hardware level 11 and lower that supports up to 9 expansion modules.
With an expansion module, you get additional cartridge storage as well as tape drive capacity. We have expansion modules that contain up to two drives and two power supplies. You can choose to have the expansion module with tape drives and power supply installed so that it makes setup easier from your end. Expansion modules will need a power supply only if you install a tape drive in it. A single power supply can actually power two drives. However, you can add a second power supply for redundancy purposes. Without a tape drive, the expansion module is powered via the USB cable connected to the base module.
Expansion modules require 2U rack space and will be shipped with the necessary mounting hardware used to secure it to the rack.
The top features of the expansion modules we've listed include:
- High-resolution LCD screens of up to 5" with backlight for a vibrant visual experience and ease of use. The expansion modules have programmable line keys ensuring that the interface is intuitive and interactive.
- Straightforward setup to facilitate easy installation.
- Availability of a wide range of custom configurations
- Advanced call handling and contact management capabilities to help increase productivity.
- XML browser functionality
- Compatibility across systems which helps to leverage on existing IT infrastructure investment. All the expansion modules we've made available will help to enhance your existing desktop solutions.
- Seamless fusion with planar and fiber technology
- Compatibility with phone models such as SIP-T27P and SIP-T29G helping to expand functionality.
- Availability of color icons that enhance the visual experience for users. There are color-coded independent actionable control keys that facilitate fast switching between pages.
- Ability to link together a maximum of six phone systems and up to two expansion modules from a single host phone.
- Support for up to 3 modules on a daisy-chain
- Reduced excess loss and PDL
- Support for advanced call functions including call forwarding, call transfers, multi-person conferencing, call pickup, LDAP, speed dial, and BFL list.
- Shipped with a stand that has two adjustable angles
You can find almost every module option in our catalog, we have modules with different numbers of ports, from 1-port options to 50- and 90-port options, you can also check out our 20 Gigabit, 48 Gigabit, and 100 Gigabit expansion modules. Browse through our categories to find the best option for your needs.
All expansion modules make for ideal solutions for administrative assistants, receptionists, and contact center employees due to the ability to easily manage large call volumes and to monitor a large number of contacts.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product NIM-2FXSP at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.