Advantages of Wireless Access Points
The AIR-LAP1262N-A-K9 Cisco Aironet 1262N Wireless Access Point has several advantages that make it a popular choice for medium to large enterprises. Some of the key advantages of this access point are:
- High-performance wireless connectivity: The AIR-LAP1262N-A-K9 supports the 802.11n wireless standard, which provides faster data transfer rates and improved range compared to earlier standards. It also supports MIMO technology, which allows it to transmit and receive data from multiple antennas simultaneously, resulting in better performance and coverage.
- Advanced security features: The access point has a built-in wireless intrusion detection system (wIDS) that can detect and report on unauthorized wireless access points, rogue clients, and other security threats. It also supports a range of security protocols, including WPA and WPA2, to help ensure the privacy and integrity of wireless transmissions.
- Quality of service (QoS) support: The access point can prioritize traffic based on the type of data and the requirements of the applications being used. This helps to ensure that critical traffic, such as voice and video, receives priority over less important traffic, resulting in better performance and user experience.
- Scalability and flexibility: The access point can be used in a standalone configuration or as part of a larger network of access points. It supports wireless domain services (WDS), which allows it to act as a repeater or bridge between other access points, extending the wireless coverage of a network and improving overall performance.
- Easy to manage: The access point can be managed using Cisco's Wireless LAN Controller (WLC), which provides a centralized management platform for multiple access points. The WLC allows administrators to configure and monitor access points, perform firmware updates, and troubleshoot issues from a single location.
- Wide range of deployment options: The AIR-LAP1262N-A-K9 can be deployed in a variety of settings, including offices, schools, hospitals, warehouses, and outdoor environments. It supports both internal and external antennas, which allows it to be customized for specific deployment scenarios.
High Availability and Redundancy Options
The AIR-LAP1262N-A-K9 Cisco Aironet 1262N Wireless Access Point provides several high availability and redundancy options that help ensure continuous wireless network access. Some of the key options are:
- Dual-image support: The access point supports dual-image support, which means that it can store and boot from two different software images. If one image becomes corrupted or fails, the access point can automatically boot from the backup image to ensure uninterrupted operation.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) redundancy: The access point can be powered by a PoE switch or injector, and supports PoE redundancy. This means that if the primary power source fails, the access point can automatically switch to a backup power source to ensure continuous operation.
- Link aggregation: The access point supports link aggregation, which allows multiple physical links to be combined into a single logical link. This can improve throughput and redundancy by providing additional bandwidth and ensuring that traffic can be routed over an alternate path if a link fails.
- High availability (HA) clustering: The access point can be deployed in an HA cluster, which allows multiple access points to be grouped together to provide redundancy and load balancing. If one access point fails, the other access points in the cluster can automatically take over to ensure continuous wireless network access.
- SmartSignal Antenna technology: The access point features SmartSignal Antenna technology, which uses multiple antennas to provide better coverage and resiliency. If one antenna fails or becomes damaged, the access point can automatically switch to a backup antenna to maintain coverage.
Power over Ethernet (PoE) Considerations
The AIR-LAP1262N-A-K9 Cisco Aironet 1262N Wireless Access Point can be powered using Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology. PoE allows for both power and data to be transmitted over the same Ethernet cable, which simplifies the installation and reduces the need for additional power outlets near the access point.
Here are some PoE considerations for the AIR-LAP1262N-A-K9:
- PoE Standards: The AIR-LAP1262N-A-K9 supports the 802.3af PoE standard, which provides up to 15.4 watts of power to the access point. However, it does not support the newer 802.3at PoE+ standard, which provides up to 30 watts of power. If your network switch or PoE injector supports both standards, it is recommended to use PoE+ to ensure maximum power is delivered to the access point.
- Power requirements: The AIR-LAP1262N-A-K9 requires a minimum of 12.95 watts of power to operate. When using PoE, it is important to ensure that the network switch or PoE injector is capable of delivering enough power to the access point. You should also consider the power budget of the switch, which is the maximum amount of power that can be delivered to all connected PoE devices.
- Cable length: The length of the Ethernet cable between the network switch or PoE injector and the access point can affect the amount of power that is delivered. As cable length increases, the amount of power that is delivered can decrease, which can affect the performance and stability of the access point. It is recommended to use high-quality Ethernet cables that are rated for PoE and to keep cable length as short as possible.
- Redundancy: In a mission-critical environment, it is recommended to use a redundant power supply or a redundant PoE source to ensure that the access point remains powered even if one source fails. This can help to prevent network downtime and ensure maximum availability.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number AIR-LAP1262N-A-K9
- Category Name: Networking
- Sub Category Name:Wireless 300MBPS
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Line Aironet
- Product Series 1260
- Product Model 1262N
- Product Name Aironet 1262N Wireless Access Point
- Product Type Wireless Access Point
- Wireless LAN Standard IEEE 802.11n
- ISM Band Yes
- UNII Band Yes
- ISM Minimum Frequency 2.41 GHz
- ISM Maximum Frequency 2.46 GHz
- UNII Minimum Frequency 5.18 GHz
- UNII Maximum Frequency 5.83 GHz
- Wireless Transmission Speed 300 Mbps
- Ethernet Port Yes
- Fast Ethernet Port Yes
- Gigabit Ethernet Port Yes
- 10Gigabit Ethernet Port No
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 1
- Network (RJ-11) No
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
- VGA No
- HDMI No
- Audio Line Out No
- Serial Port No
- USB No
- Powerline No
- Management Port Yes
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Power Source PoE
- Power Source Power Supply
About New Bulk Pack Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AIR-LAP1262N-A-K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Wireless
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.