Installation and Setup
The Cisco NIM-VAB-A is a network interface module (NIM) designed for use with Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISRs). This module provides a single port for either VDSL2 or ADSL2+ broadband connectivity, allowing the router to connect to a wide range of broadband services.
To install and set up the Cisco NIM-VAB-A, follow these steps:
- Power down the router: Before installing any hardware module, it is important to power down the router to avoid any potential damage.
- Insert the module: Locate the network module slot on the router, which is typically located on the back of the device. Insert the NIM-VAB-A module into the slot and push it down until it clicks into place.
- Connect the broadband service: Connect the broadband service to the appropriate port on the NIM-VAB-A module. If you are using VDSL2 broadband service, use the VDSL port. If you are using ADSL2+ broadband service, use the ADSL port.
- Connect the router: Connect the router to the module by using an Ethernet cable to connect the module to one of the router's Ethernet ports.
- Power on the router: After the module is installed and the broadband service is connected, power on the router and wait for it to boot up.
- Configure the module: Once the router is up and running, use the Cisco IOS command line interface (CLI) to configure the module. The configuration process may vary depending on your specific router model and the broadband service you are using, but generally involves setting up the appropriate interfaces, protocols, and security settings.
- Test the connection: After the module is configured, test the broadband connection to ensure that it is working properly.
Features and Specifications
The Cisco NIM-VAB-A is a Network Interface Module (NIM) that provides one port of VDSL2/ADSL2+ connectivity for Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISR). The module is designed to offer high-speed internet connectivity for small and medium-sized businesses.
- The module supports one VDSL2 or ADSL2+ interface, which can be configured in either an annex A or annex B mode.
- It supports both downstream and upstream speeds of up to 100 Mbps, making it suitable for high-bandwidth applications like video streaming and online gaming.
- The module supports ADSL2+ over ISDN and VDSL2 profiles 8a, 8b, 8c, 8d, 12a, 12b, and 17a.
- It supports advanced technologies like G.993.2 (VDSL2 Vectoring) and G.998.4 (G.inp), which improve the performance and reliability of the connection.
- The module supports both ATM and PTM (Packet Transfer Mode) modes for transport of data over the WAN.
- The module is compatible with Cisco 4000 Series ISR, 1000 Series ISR, and the 4451-X ISR.
- The module supports a maximum downstream attenuation of 40 dB and maximum upstream attenuation of 30 dB.
- It supports a maximum transmit power of 10 dBm and a maximum receive sensitivity of -60 dBm.
- The module requires a minimum IOS-XE release of 3.14.0S or 16.9.1.
Performance and Reliability
The Cisco NIM-VAB-A is a network module designed for use with Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISR). It provides a single port for VDSL2 and ADSL2+ connectivity, allowing the router to connect to a broadband service provider using either technology.
In terms of performance, the NIM-VAB-A is capable of providing up to 100 Mbps downstream and 45 Mbps upstream speeds over VDSL2, and up to 24 Mbps downstream and 1.4 Mbps upstream speeds over ADSL2+. These speeds are dependent on various factors such as distance from the service provider, line quality, and network traffic, among others.
To ensure reliability, the NIM-VAB-A includes several features to help prevent network downtime and maintain connectivity. For example, it supports a variety of VDSL2 and ADSL2+ profiles, including fallback profiles, which can help maintain connectivity even in challenging conditions. It also includes features such as automatic rate adaptation, which can adjust the connection speed to compensate for changes in line quality, and loop diagnostics, which can help identify and troubleshoot issues.
Additionally, the NIM-VAB-A supports a range of advanced security features, such as AES encryption and firewall capabilities, which can help protect the network from security threats.
Main Specifications about this Cisco NIM-VAB-A
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# NIM-VAB-A
- Type: Expansion Module
Key Information of 1 Port Expansion Module
- Application/Usage Wide Area Network
- Interfaces/Ports: 1 Port Module
- Interfaces/Ports Details 1 x RJ-11 VDSL2 Network WAN
Performance for Network Switch Module
- Network Technology ADSLoPOTS
Product Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 1.3inch
- Width: 3.5inch
- Depth: 7.2inch
- Weight (Approximate) 1Lbs
About Refurbished Products
For all your expansion module needs, we've got you covered with high-performance devices that increase functional capability and ease business processes.
You can talk to any of our staff and consult on what would be the best way forward when getting an expansion module to complement and enhance existing infrastructure and meet your immediate and future needs.
We have hardware level 12 with firmware 3.0 or higher modules that allow for the installation of up to 14 expansion modules below the base module for resilient performance. Expansion modules connect to the base module using USB Type-A connectors. That's not all, we have hardware level 11 and lower that supports up to 9 expansion modules.
With an expansion module, you get additional cartridge storage as well as tape drive capacity. We have expansion modules that contain up to two drives and two power supplies. You can choose to have the expansion module with tape drives and power supply installed so that it makes setup easier from your end. Expansion modules will need a power supply only if you install a tape drive in them. A single power supply can actually power two drives. However, you can add a second power supply for redundancy purposes. Without a tape drive, the expansion module is powered via the USB cable connected to the base module.
Expansion modules require 2U rack space and will be shipped with the necessary mounting hardware used to secure them to the rack.
The top features of the expansion modules we've listed include:
- High-resolution LCD screens of up to 5" with backlight for a vibrant visual experience and ease of use. The expansion modules have programmable line keys ensuring that the interface is intuitive and interactive.
- Straightforward setup to facilitate easy installation.
- Availability of a wide range of custom configurations
- Advanced call handling and contact management capabilities to help increase productivity.
- XML browser functionality
- Compatibility across systems which helps to leverage existing IT infrastructure investment. All the expansion modules we've made available will help to enhance your existing desktop solutions.
- Seamless fusion with planar and fibre technology
- Compatibility with phone models such as SIP-T27P and SIP-T29G helps to expand functionality.
- Availability of color icons that enhance the visual experience for users. There are color-coded independent actionable control keys that facilitate fast switching between pages.
- Ability to link together a maximum of six phone systems and up to two expansion modules from a single host phone.
- Support for up to 3 modules on a daisy-chain
- Reduced excess loss and PDL
- Support for advanced call functions including call forwarding, call transfers, multi-person conferencing, call pickup, LDAP, speed dial, and BFL list.
- Shipped with a stand that has two adjustable angles
You can find almost every module option in our catalogue, we have modules with different numbers of ports, from 1-port options to 50- and 90-port options, you can also check out our 20 Gigabit, 48 Gigabit, and 100 Gigabit expansion modules. Browse through our categories to find the best option for your needs.
All expansion modules make for ideal solutions for administrative assistants, receptionists, and contact center employees due to the ability to easily manage large call volumes and monitor a large number of contacts.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.