Routing Protocols and Configuration
The CISCO1841-SEC/K9 Cisco Systems 1841 Security Router supports several routing protocols that allow it to exchange routing information with other routers in the network and determine the best path for forwarding packets. Some of the key routing protocols supported by the router include:
- Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP) and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP): IGRP and EIGRP are Cisco proprietary routing protocols that provide advanced features such as VLSM and route summarization. They are typically used in large enterprise networks and are known for their stability and fast convergence.
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP) and RIPv2: RIP is a distance-vector routing protocol that uses hop count as the metric for determining the best path to a destination. RIPv2 is an enhanced version of RIP that supports VLSM and classless routing.
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF): OSPF is a link-state routing protocol that uses a shortest path first algorithm to determine the best path to a destination. It is commonly used in large enterprise networks and service provider networks.
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP): BGP is an exterior gateway protocol that is used to exchange routing information between routers in different autonomous systems. It is typically used in large service provider networks and is known for its scalability and flexibility.
The configuration of routing protocols on the CISCO1841-SEC/K9 router can be done through the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI) or through a web-based graphical user interface (GUI) such as Cisco Security Manager or Cisco Prime. The specific commands and configuration settings will vary depending on the routing protocol being used.
Additionally, the CISCO1841-SEC/K9 Cisco Systems 1841 Security Router supports Quality of Service (QoS) configuration that allows administrators to prioritize different types of traffic, such as voice and video, to ensure that they are delivered with the appropriate level of service.
Remote Management and Monitoring
The CISCO1841-SEC/K9 Cisco Systems 1841 Security Router can be remotely managed and monitored to ensure the security and proper functioning of the network. Some of the key ways to remotely manage and monitor the router include:
- Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI) through Telnet or SSH: The router can be configured and managed using the Cisco IOS CLI, which provides access to a wide range of configuration and management commands. Administrators can use Telnet or Secure Shell (SSH) to remotely access the CLI and make changes to the router's configuration.
- Cisco Security Manager: Cisco Security Manager is a centralized management platform that allows administrators to manage multiple Cisco security devices, including the CISCO1841-SEC/K9 router, from a single console. It provides a graphical user interface (GUI) that makes it easy to remotely configure and monitor the security of the network.
- Cisco Prime: Cisco Prime is a network management solution that allows administrators to remotely manage and monitor the network devices, including the CISCO1841-SEC/K9 router, from a single console. It provides a web-based GUI that allows administrators to remotely view network topology, monitor device status, and troubleshoot network issues.
- SNMP: The router supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) which allows administrators to remotely monitor and manage the router by sending SNMP messages to the router and receiving responses from the router.
- Syslog: The router can be configured to send system log messages to a syslog server which allows administrators to remotely monitor and analyze the security events on the router and troubleshoot any issues that may occur.
- NetFlow: NetFlow is a Cisco proprietary protocol that allows administrators to remotely monitor and analyze network traffic by collecting detailed information about the traffic flow.
The CISCO1841-SEC/K9 Cisco Systems 1841 Security Router supports several high-availability features that help ensure the continuous operation of the network in the event of a failure or outage. Some of the key high-availability features of the router include:
- Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP): HSRP is a Cisco proprietary protocol that allows multiple routers to work together as a virtual router to provide redundancy and failover in case of a failure. HSRP routers communicate with each other to determine which router should be the active router and which should be the standby.
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP): VRRP is a standard protocol that allows multiple routers to work together as a virtual router to provide redundancy and failover in case of a failure. VRRP routers communicate with each other to determine which router should be the active router and which should be the standby.
- Network Address Translation (NAT) redundancy: NAT allows multiple routers to share a single IP address to provide redundancy and failover in case of a failure. If one router goes down, the other router takes over the NAT function, ensuring that the network continues to function.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) : LACP allows multiple physical links to be bundled together to form a single logical link, providing redundancy and increased bandwidth. This allows multiple routers to share a single IP address to provide redundancy and failover in case of a failure.
- Router Redundancy with Cisco Stateful Switchover (SSO) : Cisco Stateful Switchover (SSO) feature allows the active router to switch over to the standby router in case of a failure. SSO is supported by various routing protocols like HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, and so on.
- Dial Backup: Dial Backup feature allows the router to automatically establish a dialup connection to a remote router or a service provider in case of a failure of the primary link.
- Manufacturer Cisco
- Manufacturer Part Number CISCO1841-SEC/K9
- Product Series 1800
- Product Model 1841
- Product Name 1841 Integrated Service Router
- Product Type Router
- Total Number of Ports 2
- USB Yes
- Management Port Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 2
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 3
- Expansion Slot Type HWIC
- Expansion Slot Type AIM
Network & Communication
- Network Technology 10/100Base-TX
- Ethernet Technology Fast Ethernet
- VoIP Supported No
Management & Protocols
- Security Features-
- CiscoWorks VPN/Security Management Solution
- Dynamic Multipoint VPN
- AES 128/192/256-bit
- Cisco IOS Firewall
- SSL Web VPN
- URL Filtering
- Standard Memory 256 MB
- Maximum Memory 384 MB
- Memory Technology DRAM
- Flash Memory 64 MB
- Memory Card Supported CompactFlash (CF) Card
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply No
About New Bulk Pack Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product CISCO1841-SEC/K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.