Introduction to MGBT1
The MGBT1 is a mini-GBIC (Gigabit Interface Converter) transceiver module from Cisco. It is used to provide connectivity between a Gigabit Ethernet switch and optical fiber cabling. The MGBT1 is a small form-factor pluggable (SFP) transceiver, which means that it can be easily inserted and removed from a compatible switch or router without the need for any tools.
The MGBT1 supports both multimode and single-mode fiber cabling and operates at wavelengths of 850 nm and 1310 nm, respectively. It supports data rates of up to 1 Gbps and can transmit data over distances of up to 550 meters and 10 km, respectively, depending on the type of fiber cabling used.
The MGBT1 is a cost-effective solution for expanding the network and increasing the connectivity between devices. It is fully compatible with Cisco switches and routers, and provides reliable and secure network connections. In summary, the MGBT1 is a compact, easy-to-use, and versatile transceiver module that can be used to upgrade or expand a network's fiber optic connectivity.
Features and Benefits of Transceiver Module
The MGBT1 is a Cisco SFP Mini-GBIC transceiver module designed for use with Cisco Small Business networking devices that support SFP transceivers, such as switches and routers. Here are some of its features and benefits:
- The MGBT1 supports a 1Gbps data transfer rate over a copper cable with an RJ-45 connector.
- It has a maximum range of up to 100 meters.
- The transceiver is hot-swappable, which means it can be inserted or removed from a running device without interrupting its operation.
- The MGBT1 transceiver is fully compliant with IEEE standards and MSA (Multi-Source Agreement) specifications.
- It supports digital diagnostic monitoring (DDM) that provides real-time monitoring of the transceiver's performance, including temperature, optical output power, and receiver sensitivity.
- The MGBT1 is a cost-effective solution for extending the range of Ethernet networks.
- It provides high-speed data transfer over a copper cable, eliminating the need for costly fiber optic cables.
- The hot-swappable feature allows for easy installation, maintenance and upgrade in a network environment.
- The transceiver module is compatible with a wide range of Cisco Small Business networking devices, making it a versatile option for network connectivity.
- The DDM feature provides real-time monitoring of the transceiver's performance, allowing for early detection of potential issues and improved network management.
Maintenance and Troubleshooting
The MGBT1 is a Cisco SFP Mini-GBIC transceiver module that provides high-speed data transfer over a copper cable. To ensure proper operation and optimal performance, regular maintenance and troubleshooting are essential. Here are some tips for maintaining and troubleshooting the MGBT1 transceiver:
- Keep the transceiver clean: Dirt and dust can accumulate on the transceiver's surface, which can cause signal loss or interruption. Clean the transceiver regularly using a soft, dry cloth.
- Use proper handling techniques: Always handle the transceiver with care, and avoid touching the connectors or circuitry to prevent damage. Store the transceiver in a safe place when not in use.
- Regularly inspect the cables: Check the copper cables for any signs of damage or wear, such as fraying, kinks, or cuts. Replace any damaged cables immediately.
- Check the network configuration: Make sure the network configuration is correct and the SFP transceiver is configured properly. Ensure that the device is compatible with the transceiver and that the cable is connected properly.
- Verify the physical connection: Check the physical connection of the transceiver by verifying the cable is correctly seated in the device port and the transceiver.
- Check the LED status indicators: The transceiver has LED status indicators that show its current status. If the LED status is different from the expected status, it could indicate a problem with the transceiver.
- Check the cable distance: The MGBT1 transceiver is designed for use over a distance of up to 100 meters. If the distance is greater than 100 meters, it may cause a problem with the signal transmission.
- Perform diagnostic tests: Many transceivers have built-in diagnostic tests that can help identify issues. Run diagnostic tests to identify any potential problems with the transceiver.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number MGBT1
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Name Gigabit Ethernet 1000 Base-T Mini-GBIC SFP Transceiver
- Product Type SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Application/Usage Data Networking
- Interfaces/Ports 1 x 1000Base-T LAN
- Interfaces/Ports Details 1 x RJ-45 1000Base-T LAN
Media & Performance:
- Connectivity Media Category 5 UTP 1000Base-T
- Distance Supported 328.08 ft
- Data Transfer Rate 1 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet
- Compatibility-24-port 10/100 + 2-Port Gigabit Switch (SRW224)
- 24-Port 10/100 + 1-Port Gigabit Switch (SR224G)
- 24-Port 10/100/1000 Gigabit Switch (SR2024)
Building a fiber-optic network calls for a lot of planning and consideration of many factors. Transceivers are part of the many devices used to build optical fiber systems. A transceiver serves the combined roles of a transmitter and a receiver in that it transmits and receives signals. They are most common in communication equipment such as cellular phones, cordless telephone sets, and radio. Small form factors are required as networks become dense and space is limited, which sees transceivers included in chipsets.
In local area networks (LAN), a transceiver is used to connect a computer to printers and other devices on the network. Usually, the transceiver is integrated into the Network Interface Card (NIC)
Typical Roles of a Transceiver
- Used to convert frequencies from IF to RF.
- Widespread use in wireless communication to transmit data – voice, data, and video.
- RF transceivers are used in communication devices to support radio and TV signal transmission, digital signals transmission, and satellite communication.
- Collision detection – detection of simultaneous signals on the network.
- Transceivers can be deployed to provide a jabber function to interrupt transmission of long data stream outputs.
Look no further for all types of transceivers including fiber optic transceivers, wireless transceivers, Ethernet transceivers, and RF transceivers. All these transceivers have different characteristics and support full-duplex communication, but the principle behind their work remains the same. Different types of transceivers will have varying numbers of ports used in transceiver networking connections.
RF Transceivers: these devices are used to transmit video or voice data over a wireless medium. Commonly used for satellite communication, radio transmission, and ITE/WiMax/WLAN networks. The radio transceiver works by silencing the receiver when it is transmitting. There is an electronic switch that facilitates the connection of both the receiver and transmitter on the same antenna. The switch protects the receiver from damage that may be caused by the transmitter output.
Fiber Optic Transceivers: Also referred to as optical modules or fiber optical transceivers. Used to transmit data in fiber optic technology. The network must also have electronic components to encode or decode data into light signals.
Ethernet Transceivers: Basically used to connect electronic devices in a network so that they are able to transmit and receive data. It is also referred to as a media access unit (MAU). The best application of these transceivers is in the specification of IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet. Ethernet transceivers will detect a collision, provide Ethernet interface processing, convert digital data, and provide access to the network.
Wireless Transceivers: Wireless transceivers are a fundamental component necessary for data delivery in wireless networks. These transceivers have two layers. The physical layer has a baseband processor and RF front end. The processor converts a bitstream to a collection symbol flow for data transmission. The second layer is a MAC layer for link traffic control in contacting wireless links, improving data throughput, and preventing collisions.
We guarantee our customers high quality and reliability for all our transceiver networking solutions, irrespective of the type and size of your network.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.