Introduction to 10-2036-04
The 10-2036-04 Cisco 10GBASE-LR X2 Transceiver Module is a 10 Gigabit Ethernet optical transceiver that provides high-speed data transmission over optical fiber. It is designed to meet the 10GBASE-LR standard and operates over single-mode fiber with a wavelength of 1310 nm. The 10-2036-04 transceiver provides a data rate of 10 Gbps and supports distances of up to 10 kilometers.
This X2 transceiver module is designed to be used in data center and enterprise networks where high-speed data transmission is required. The 10-2036-04 transceiver is compatible with a range of Cisco switches, routers, and optical transport systems, making it a versatile and cost-effective solution for upgrading existing networks to 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
The 10-2036-04 transceiver is hot-swappable, allowing for easy installation and maintenance without the need to shut down the network. The compact and lightweight form factor of the X2 transceiver makes it ideal for use in space-constrained environments.
Key Features and Benefits
The 10-2036-04 Cisco 10GBASE-LR X2 Transceiver Module offers several key features and benefits, including:
- High-speed data transfer: The 10-2036-04 transceiver provides 10 Gbps of bandwidth, allowing for high-speed data transfer and enabling the efficient and reliable transmission of large amounts of data.
- Long-reach capability: The transceiver supports 10GBASE-LR (10 Gigabit Ethernet Long Reach) Ethernet standard and provides a transmission distance of up to 10 km over single-mode fiber, making it ideal for use in long-reach network applications.
- Hot-swappable design: The 10-2036-04 transceiver is hot-swappable, allowing for easy installation and replacement without disrupting network operations.
- Industry standards compliance: The transceiver is compliant with MSA (Multi-Source Agreement) and IEEE 802.3ae industry standards, ensuring compatibility and interoperability with other devices and equipment.
- Full-duplex communication: The transceiver supports full-duplex communication, allowing for both transmission and reception of data at the same time.
- LC duplex fiber optic connector: The 10-2036-04 transceiver uses an LC duplex fiber optic connector, providing a compact and easy-to-use interface for optical communication.
- Cost-effective solution: The 10-2036-04 transceiver is a cost-effective solution for upgrading existing networks to 10 GbE or for building new high-speed networks.
- Reliable performance: The transceiver is designed to provide reliable and high-performance optical communication, ensuring the efficient and effective transmission of data over the network.
Deployment and Configuration Guidelines
The deployment and configuration guidelines for the 10-2036-04 Cisco 10GBASE-LR X2 Transceiver Module are as follows:
- Equipment Compatibility: Before deploying the 10-2036-04 transceiver, ensure that the network equipment it will be used with is compatible. Check the equipment's specifications and compatibility lists to confirm that it supports the 10GBASE-LR standard and can accommodate the X2 form factor.
- Fiber Optic Cable: The 10-2036-04 transceiver requires single-mode fiber optic cable to operate. Ensure that the correct type and length of fiber optic cable is available and properly terminated with LC connectors.
- Transceiver Installation: The 10-2036-04 transceiver is a hot-swappable device and can be easily installed in the network equipment. Follow the equipment's instructions for installing the transceiver and connecting it to the fiber optic cable.
- Configuration: Once the transceiver is installed, it may need to be configured to work with the network equipment. Refer to the equipment's documentation for configuration procedures.
- Fiber Optic Cable Testing: Before deploying the transceiver in production, it is recommended to perform a series of tests on the fiber optic cable to ensure its proper functioning. These tests can include optical loss tests and continuity tests.
- Monitoring: After the 10-2036-04 transceiver is deployed, it is important to monitor its performance and ensure that it is functioning properly. Utilize network management tools and protocols such as Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) to monitor the transceiver's performance and detect any issues.
Main Information for this Cisco 10-2036-04
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU: 10-2036-04
- Product Name: 10GBASE-LR X2 Module
- Product Type: X2
- Device Type: Transceiver Module
Technical Information of Transceiver Module
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
Interfaces / Ports of 10GBASE-LR Transceiver
- Interfaces/Ports: 1 x 10GBase-LR
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x SC Duplex 10GBase-LR
Performance of 10-2036-04 Cisco X2 Module
- Connectivity Media G.652 µm Single-mode Optical Fiber
- Data Transfer Rate: 10 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet
- Additional Information
- 1310-nm wavelength
- Supports a link length of 10 kilometers
- Supports the Cisco quality identification (ID) feature that enables a Cisco switch or router to identify whether the module is a Cisco certified and tested X2
- Optical interoperability with respective 10GBASE Xenpak modules on the same link
- Catalyst 4500 Series
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 10-2036-04 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.