Key Features and Specifications
J4858-61201 is a transceiver module manufactured by Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) that enables the transmission and reception of data over Gigabit Ethernet networks. This module is designed for use with HPE Procurve switches and is compatible with various models, including the X121 and X131.
The key features and specifications of the J4858-61201 transceiver module are as follows:
- Data Rate: The module is capable of transmitting and receiving data at a rate of 1 Gbps.
- Interface: The module supports a duplex LC connector interface for connection with the fiber optic cable.
- Compatibility: The module is compatible with both single-mode and multi-mode fiber optic cables.
- Maximum Cable Distance: The module supports a maximum cable distance of up to 550m on multi-mode fiber and up to 10 km on single-mode fiber.
- Wavelength: The module operates at a wavelength of 1310 nm.
- Duplexing: The module supports full-duplex communication, allowing for simultaneous transmission and reception of data.
- Hot-Swappable: The module is hot-swappable, allowing it to be installed or removed from a switch without the need for powering off the switch.
- Standards Compliance: The module complies with IEEE 802.3z standards for Gigabit Ethernet transmission.
Deployment Scenarios and Use Cases
J4858-61201 is an HPE Procurve X121 1 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet full-duplex transceiver, which is a small form-factor pluggable (SFP) transceiver designed for use with HPE networking equipment. This transceiver supports gigabit Ethernet speeds and full-duplex communication, making it suitable for a variety of deployment scenarios and use cases.
Some possible deployment scenarios and use cases for J4858-61201 transceivers include:
- Building-to-building connectivity: If you need to connect two or more buildings on a campus or in a business park, J4858-61201 transceivers can be used with HPE switches to provide high-speed, reliable connectivity over fiber optic cables.
- Server connectivity: J4858-61201 transceivers can be used to connect servers to switches or other networking equipment. This can help to improve network performance and reduce latency, which is especially important in applications such as database servers or high-performance computing clusters.
- Data center connectivity: J4858-61201 transceivers are often used in data center environments to provide connectivity between switches and other networking equipment. They can help to reduce cabling clutter and simplify network management, which is important in high-density data center environments.
- Network aggregation: J4858-61201 transceivers can be used to aggregate multiple network connections into a single high-bandwidth link. This can help to improve network performance and reduce the number of cables required, which can be especially important in situations where space is at a premium.
- Telecommunications: J4858-61201 transceivers can be used in telecommunications applications to provide high-speed, reliable connectivity over fiber optic cables. This can be useful in situations where long-distance communication is required, such as connecting remote offices or providing internet connectivity to rural areas.
Physical Design and Installation Process
The J4858-61201 HPE Procurve X121 1 GBps Gigabit Ethernet Full-Duplex Transceiver is a small form-factor pluggable (SFP) transceiver designed for use in HPE Procurve switches and other compatible devices. The physical design and installation process for this transceiver is relatively straightforward and can be completed with the following steps:
- Ensure that the switch or device you will be installing the transceiver in is powered off and unplugged from the electrical outlet.
- Locate the SFP slot on the device. This is typically found on the front or back panel of the switch, and is usually labeled as such.
- Remove the protective cover from the SFP slot by gently pressing down on the release latch and sliding the cover off.
- Take the J4858-61201 transceiver and ensure that the connectors are clean and free of any debris or dust. If necessary, use a lint-free cloth or compressed air to clean the connectors.
- Insert the transceiver into the SFP slot, making sure to align the connectors with the corresponding slots in the device.
- Gently push the transceiver into the slot until it clicks into place. The latch on the transceiver should snap into the slot on the device.
- If necessary, repeat steps 3-6 for additional transceivers.
- Power on the switch or device and wait for it to initialize. The switch should automatically detect the transceiver and configure it for use.
- Verify that the transceiver is functioning correctly by checking the device's status indicators or by running diagnostic tests.
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Manufacturer Part Number: J4858-61201
- Type: Networking
- Sub-Type: GBIC-SFP
- Device Type : Transceiver Module
- Form Factor : Plug-In Module
- Interface (Bus) Type : Sfp (Mini-Gbic)
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Cabling Type : Ethernet 1000base-Sx
- Data Link Protocol : Gigabit Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate : 1 GBPS
- Features : Full Duplex Capability
- Compliant Standards : IEEE 802.3z
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces : 1 X Network - Ethernet 1000base-Sx - Lc Multi-Mode X 2
- Compatible Slots : 1 X Sfp (Mini-Gbic)
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product J4858-61201 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.