The GLC-BX-U is a Cisco-branded single-mode SFP (small form-factor pluggable) transceiver module with a maximum data rate of 1 Gbps. It is designed for use with 1000Base-BX-U Ethernet networks and operates over a single strand of single-mode fiber with a wavelength of 1310nm. It has a maximum distance of 10km and support DDM/DOM feature. This transceiver is used to convert electrical signals to optical and vice versa, allowing a device to transmit data over fiber optic cables. It is commonly used in data centers and other high-speed networking applications.
The GLC-BX-U Cisco 1Gbps 1000Base-BX-U Single-mode SFP Transceiver Module is capable of providing a high-performance Gigabit Ethernet connection over a single-mode optical fiber. Some of its performance specifications include:
- Data rate: The module supports data rates of up to 1 Gbps, which is the standard data rate for Gigabit Ethernet.
- Wavelength: The module uses a wavelength of 1310nm for transmission and 1490nm for reception.
- Maximum distance: The module can transmit data over a maximum distance of 10km.
- Connector: The module uses an LC connector, which is a small form-factor connector that is commonly used in optical networking applications.
- Compatible with Cisco devices which support SFP interface.
- It is compliant with IEEE 802.3z and RoHS compliant, which means it meets environmental regulations.
Resiliency and High Availability
The model Cisco 1Gbps 1000Base-BX-U Single-mode SFP Transceiver Module is a high-performance transceiver module that is designed for use in single-mode fiber networks. It is compliant with the IEEE 802.3ah 1000BASE-BX-U standard and supports data transfer rates of up to 1 Gbps.
This transceiver module is designed to provide resiliency and high availability to the network by using a single-mode fiber to transmit data over longer distances, and also by using a wavelength of 1310nm for the transmit and 1490nm for receive. This allows for a higher signal-to-noise ratio and improved optical budget, which leads to less attenuation of the signal and fewer errors. Additionally, the module has built-in diagnostic features that help to monitor the performance of the module, which can aid in troubleshooting and maintaining network uptime.
The GLC-BX-U is also designed for use in point-to-point topologies, which can provide additional resiliency and high availability by reducing the number of potential failure points in the network.
General Information about this Cisco GLC-BX-U
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# GLC-BX-U
- Product Name: 1000BASE-BX10 Upstream SFP Module
- Product Type: Transceiver Module
Technical Information of 1000BASE-BX10 SFP Module
- Interface Type: SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Application/Usage Data Networking
- Type: SFP (mini-GBIC) transceiver module
- Form Factor: Plug-in module
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
Interfaces/Ports of 1GBPS Transceiver Module
- Interfaces/Ports 1 x 1000Base-BX
- Interfaces/Ports Details 1 x LC 1000Base-BX
- Ports Qty: 1
- Max Transfer Distance: 6.2 miles
Performance of Single-Mode Transceiver
- Connectivity Media G.652 µm Single-mode Optical Fiber
- Data Transfer Rate 1 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet
- Media Type Supported: Optical Fiber
- Fiber Mode Supported: Single-mode
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 1000Base-BX10
Management and Protocols
- Digital optical monitoring (DOM) functions
Dimension and Weight
- Height: 0.3 Inch
- Width: 0.5 Inch
- Depth: 2.2 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 1 LBS
- ASA5500 Series Appliances
- ASR 901 and 903 Series Routers
- ASR 1000, 9000, and 9000v Series Routers
- Catalyst Express 500 and Express 520
- Catalyst 2350 and 2360 Series
- Catalyst 2900, 2940, 2950, 2960, 2960-Plus, 2960-C, 2960-S, 2960-SF, 2960-X Series
- Catalyst 2970 and 2975 Series
- Catalyst 3000 and 3100 Blade Switches
- Catalyst 3500XL Series
- Catalyst 3550, 3560, 3560-C, 3560-E, 3560-X Series
- Catalyst 3750-E Series, 3750 Metro, 3750-X Series
- Catalyst 3850 Series
- Catalyst 4500 and 4500-X Series
- Catalyst 4900 Series
- Catalyst 6000 Series
- Catalyst 6800 Series
- Cisco 1941 Series Router
- Cisco 2600, 2800, 2900 Series Router
- Cisco 3200, 3600, 3700 Series Router
- Cisco 4400 Series Router
- Cisco 5700 Series Wireless LAN Controller
- Cisco 6400 Universal Access Router
- Cisco uBR7200 Series
- Cisco 7200, 7300, 7500, and 7600 Series Routers
- Cisco 10000 and uBR 10000 Series Routers
- Cisco 10700 Series Internet Router
- Cisco 12000 Series Router
- Cisco 2000 Connected Grid Router Series
- Cisco 2500 Connected Grid Switch Series
- Cisco IE2000 and IE2000U Series
- Cisco IE3010 Series
- Cisco MDS 9000
- Cisco ME 2400
- Cisco ME 2600X
- Cisco ME 3400
- Cisco ME 3600X and ME 3800X
- Cisco ME 4600 and ME 4900 Series
- Cisco ME 6500 Series
- Cisco MWR 2941 Mobile Wireless Router
- CRS Router Series
- CSS 11500 Series
- Cisco RF Gateway Series
- NAM 2200 Series Appliances
- Nexus 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 7000, 9000, 9300, 9500 (modular) Series
About Refurbished Products
Building a fiber-optic network calls for a lot of planning and consideration of many factors. Transceivers are part of the many devices used to build optical fiber systems. A transceiver serves the combined roles of a transmitter and a receiver in that it transmits and receives signals. They are most common in communication equipment such as cellular phones, cordless telephone sets, and radio. Small form factors are required as networks become dense and space is limited, which sees transceivers included in chipsets.
In local area networks (LAN), a transceiver is used to connect a computer to printers and other devices on the network. Usually, the transceiver is integrated into the Network Interface Card (NIC)
Typical Roles of a Transceiver
- Used to convert frequencies from IF to RF.
- Widespread use in wireless communication to transmit data – voice, data, and video.
- RF transceivers are used in communication devices to support radio and TV signal transmission, digital signals transmission, and satellite communication.
- Collision detection – detection of simultaneous signals on the network.
- Transceivers can be deployed to provide a jabber function to interrupt transmission of long data stream outputs.
Look no further for all types of transceivers including fiber optic transceivers, wireless transceivers, Ethernet transceivers, and RF transceivers. All these transceivers have different characteristics and support full-duplex communication, but the principle behind their work remains the same. Different types of transceivers will have varying numbers of ports used in transceiver networking connections.
RF Transceivers: these devices are used to transmit video or voice data over a wireless medium. Commonly used for satellite communication, radio transmission, and ITE/WiMax/WLAN networks. The radio transceiver works by silencing the receiver when it is transmitting. There is an electronic switch that facilitates the connection of both the receiver and transmitter on the same antenna. The switch protects the receiver from damage that may be caused by the transmitter output.
Fiber Optic Transceivers: Also referred to as optical modules or fiber optical transceivers. Used to transmit data in fiber optic technology. The network must also have electronic components to encode or decode data into light signals.
Ethernet Transceivers: Basically used to connect electronic devices in a network so that they are able to transmit and receive data. It is also referred to as a media access unit (MAU). The best application of these transceivers is in the specification of IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet. Ethernet transceivers will detect a collision, provide Ethernet interface processing, convert digital data, and provide access to the network.
Wireless Transceivers: Wireless transceivers are a fundamental component necessary for data delivery in wireless networks. These transceivers have two layers. The physical layer has a baseband processor and RF front end. The processor converts a bitstream to a collection symbol flow for data transmission. The second layer is a MAC layer for link traffic control in contacting wireless links, improving data throughput, and preventing collisions.
We guarantee our customers high quality and reliability for all our transceiver networking solutions, irrespective of the type and size of your network.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product GLC-BX-U at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.